This is one great opportunity to visit the Ayala Museum with free entrance fee, in celebration of International Museum Day which is being celebrated worldwide. It will be on May 18, 2012 (Friday).
Last year I've got the chance to visit the said museum and I had a great time checking each floor as it showcase different collections.
- A Millenium of Contact, wherein more than 500 ceramics are displayed and informations about it.
- Embroidered Multiples, which shows the collection of garments in the Philippines.
- Gold of Ancestors, which exhibits more than 1000 gold objects and what are they for. And also they have a video presentation of information about golds. And watch out you might be stepping on it as you watch the video. ;)
- Pioneers of Philippine Art, the artworks of Juan Luna, Fernando Amorsolo, and Fernando Zobel. I spend some more time in this part staring at their paintings. :)
- The Diorama Experience, which showcase the Philippine History and how the heroes fight and sacrifice for freedom. And even the Philippine Presidents from Pres. Emilio Aguinaldo to present.
- Boat Gallery, showcase the different ships that were used for warfare, transport, and dwelling.
As with the ground floor exhibits there changes by schedule. There is also a shop in the third floor wherein you can buy some souvenirs.
If only I'm around the area I surely would spend time again there. ;)