|SAMPAGUITA the national flower|
- 1896 - 1898 -- the fort was used as a prison for local rebels during Philippine Revolution
- May 1, 1898 --before the war was declared between Spain and U.S., American Commodore George Dewey turned over the fort to the Cebuanos
- 1937 - 1941 -- the fort became an American Warwick barracks and got turned into classrooms where Cebuanos received formal education
- 1941 - 1945 -- it was made as a prison camp and fortification for Japanese soldiers.
- 1946 - 1950 -- when the battle for liberation was fought it was turned into a hospital
- 1950 -- Cebu Garden Club took over and turned it into a miniature garden and the upper deck as an office for government agencies
- 1957 -- front courtyard was turned into a zoo
- 1968 -- it was restored and coral stones from under the sea's of Cebu coastal towns were used.